Saturday, February 11, 2012

Candy Jar pictures

Just realized I didn't finish the post on the candy jars.

After painting them, we glued mason jars to the tops of the sticks. We used gorilla glue then put them on the table with a few heavy books balenced on top so they could dry. The gorilla glue turned out to be not such a good idea at first. We used the kind that expanded, and of course, it expanded over the lip of the candle stick and showed.

Turned out to be a good thing though, since I had to figure out what I could do to cover it up and ended up liking the finished product better than I would have if I had left it plain. I ended up using sheer ribbon at the bottom of the jars, tied in a bow. It is actually the ribbon my sister used on her wedding invitations, so it worked out very well and tied everything together. Hind sight, I am really glad that the glue messed up and I had to find something else to add to them. I really love the way it turned out.

After everything was dry and I had wiped out the jars to make them clean and sanitary (I did was them first but wanted to make sure they were still clean since I was putting something edible in them), I filled them with three different types of candy. There are several different options for what to fill them with, both edible and non-edible, but I went with lemon heads (well, lemon heads and lemon head friends), fire balls and gummy cola bottles. The first two are my sister's favorite candies and the third is one liked by brother in law.

So there. That is the rest of the post. Below I have posted the picture of the finished product on my sister's table after she opened them. For the record, she loved them! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment