Friday, December 23, 2011

Hollow book

I haven't posted in a while but I have still been creating. I am trying to give something I make with every gift I give this Christmas season. Well, as many gifts as I can.
In keeping with this theme and since I am giving gift cards to my cousins, I decided to make the gift card holders instead of just giving them in an envelope.
As a kid, I ALWAYS wanted a hollow book...you know, those books that sit on the shelf but when you open them, there was space inside to hide things?
Well, I decided to make one of my cousins a hollow book. My inspiration came from here.

Of course, I forgot to take pictures of the process and the finished product before I wrapped it, but I may just have to unwrap it (very carefully) so I can show it off before taking it tonight to give it away. :)

FYI: if I ever do this again, which I most prob will since it was so much fun, I will make the margin bigger. 0.5 inches was difficult to work with, especially as I got further into the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment