Friday, November 11, 2011

The Fourth

Here is the fourth craft project I sound on Pinterest that I wanted to create and did. My inspiration is from here.
This is a clear, plastic Christmas ornament (I used plastic b/c I know how I like to drop things) with my sister's wedding invitation curled inside.

Here is how I did it.
Using a paper cutter, I cut the invitation into strips. I used the paper cutter since I can't cut a straight line to save my life. But you could use scissors if you are better at it than me. I tried to get as close to the same size on each one, but I don't measure things, so they aren't exact. I am glad I had a few copies of her invitation since it took me a couple of tries to get it right.

After cutting all the strips, I put them into the ball. I tried to space them out, but kept thinking that it just didn't look right. I tried a few times but it just wasn't working, so since it was late, I decided to try again the next day and went to bed.



The next day, I got the idea to look back at the original post. Opps, I had forgotten to curl the strips. So I cut up another invitation, playing close attention to make sure I got the names rights and that I was able to see all the lines. Then I took a pen and wrapped the paper around it. Since the invitation is on thicker paper, it stayed curled after I took it off the pen.


After taking all the other pieces out of the ball, I put the curled pieces in. I tried to move the important ones around so that you could see them (like names, the date, and the location) but it is hard to move them around without moving them ALL around. I also was able to get extras of the names since I had a stock pile of the invitations left.



All in all, I think it turned out BEAUTIFUL! I added the ribbon to the top in order to be able to hang it on the tree. The ribbon was the same as what my sister used on the original invitations, so it worked out nice. I tried to put in the velum that she used into the ball as well but it just wouldn't curl.


What do you think? What else could you do using paper and an empty Christmas ball ornament?

No comments:

Post a Comment